DROGON'S DJABLO DJEVILED EGGS
We used Smoked Djablo Sauce as a fiery twist for our Game of Thrones Finale viewing party a few months ago. If you plan on binge watching the series from the very beginning because you already miss it, here’s how you can make your own! (Or if you just love deviled eggs, make this recipe without the food coloring!)
- 10 Hard boiled eggs, with shell on
- Food coloring
- 3/4 cup Mayo (or sub plain yogurt)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Smoked Djablo
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika (and some for garnish
- Finely chopped chives for garnishing
- Roll the eggs around on the counter until the shells are cracked but still attached to the shell.
- Fill a small bowl with water, and add a few drops of your food coloring.
- Place eggs in the colored water and let them hang out for a while. If you have the time, at least 20 minutes of soaking time is best.
- Once they've soaked, use a spoon to fish out the egg. Remove the shell.
- Slice eggs in half and scoop out the yolks. Add yolks to a small bowl.
- We used a toothpick to cross hatch some of the leftover food coloring on top of the halved eggs.
- Place mayo, Smoked Djablo, smoked paprika, salt into the bowl and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a Ziploc bag and cut a small hole at one corner, pipe the filling into eggs.
- Garnish with smoked paprika and sprinkle finely chopped chives on top!